130504 Kim Tae Hee Worries About Her Acting Skills


Is Kim Tae Hee to blame for the poor ratings shown by her new drama”Jang Ok Jung?” Last month the drama fared poorly against itscompetition, “Gu Family Book” and “God of the Workplace,” at mostwinning a 9.6 percent viewer rating. Some critics blamed the subjectmatter. The story of the villainous royal concubine Jang Ok Jung hasalready been portrayed in film and dramas at least seven times. Otherssaid it was Kim’s lack of acting skills, which seemed even more obviouswhen compared to the recent performance of Song Hye Kyo in “That Winter,The Wind Blows.”

Kim Tae Hee admits to being sensitive about the criticism.

“Am I really that bad in acting?” she said in a recent interview.”What can be the problem? Things are getting better. I think I amimproving and I love my job.”

Only four years ago, Kim was praised for her portrayal of NSSprofiler Choi Seung Hee in the KBS drama “Iris.” Viewer ratings for thatdrama reached as high as 30 percent. When asked how difficult it was toachieve such a spot-on performance, the actress said that the romanticscenes with Lee Byung Hun, were easy but the action scenes often lefther covered in bruises once the shoot was over. Shooting a gun was alsodifficult as the sound of guns firing scared her. Yet she managed toconvey a tough, confident character.

“In reality I am very clumsy and vulnerable,” said Kim. “It shows in my acting.”

Not that the fans noticed when they watched “Iris.”

Although Kim has been acting for eight years, the criticism on herJang Ok Jung performance still hurts because she is not that confident.

“People say that I look like I can have anything in the world andthat I have nothing to worry about,” said Kim, who has been voted one ofthe most beautiful actresses in Korea.”But that’s nonsense. Since Ibegan acting, I often worry about my future. I feel frustrated and lost.Acting is still a big challenge to me and that worries me.”

Still the 29-year-old actress works hard to take the criticism in stride.

“No matter how hard I try, there will be someone who criticizes me,”she said. “Everyone has different opinions and no one can becomplimented all of the time. There will be people who like me and therewill be those that don’t. Criticism makes you realize who is true toyou and who is closest to you.”
Share this post :

Post a Comment

Google Translate

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. All about artist Korea - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger